Under the Juniper Tree

"Under the Juniper Tree" and "Red's Little Black Heart" will be showing at 317 Gallery & Studio on Friday the 7th of November for First Friday and the whole month of November. Come down, have a cookie and a glass of wine, hear a gruesome fairy tail "The Juniper Tree" and buy some art!

UPDATE: You can also hear the Soundcloud version of "The Juniper Tree" by the Brothers Grimm and read by Me at the bottom of this post. 





Under the Juniper Tree

Under the Juniper Tree - detail

Red's Little Black Heart & Under the Juniper Tree


 






4 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of Grimm's fairy tales. I can't believe I never read this one. I love both of these paintings and would definitely buy them if I had any money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites, it's so morbid. In another version the daughter saves her brothers eyeballs from going in the soup and buries them under the Juniper tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all-time favorite is The Goose Girl. There is a gorgeous retelling by Shannon Hale that I read (and loved) a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of it - I'll have to look it up :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete